Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak sauce? Why?

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I use it on everything but steak...
      Chips/fries, burgers, tomato-onion salad instead of balsamic, a little here & there on a fry up...lots of stuff. Just not steak. LOL

This one is different but very good!

8 TBS of butter melted
    1 small shallot minced
    5 chives finely minced
    3 garlic cloves minced
    2-3 TBS prepared horseradish (the fresh kind)
    2 TBS Dijon mustard
    3 tsp fresh thyme
    Pinch of cayenne
    Salt and cracked pepper to taste

mix all ingredients together till combined, let sit for 10 minutes and whisk again. This allows butter to cool and thicken a little, store unused in fridge. this is soo good

Comment

Worcestershire and only Lea and Perrins for this kid.

Comment

I’ve never made my own but I love Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce.

They are hard to find but once in a while I’ll get a "whole" round steak. Top, eye and bottom still all together with the bone.

Thin cut 1/2” and I’ll pound it out a bit and season it simple with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

I’ll get my kettle screaming hot and cook it for about 4 minutes total turning every minute.

I’ll put that big beautiful thing on a cookie sheet when done and eat it by cutting it up and dipping it in Country Bob’s.

Comment

3 medium onions
          15ml cooking oil
          60ml tomato sauce
          60ml Worcestershire
          50ml vinegar
          60ml Brown sugar
          30ml chutney sauce

Brown onions in oil and blend ingredients.
          For thicker sauce double ingredients except onions.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Monkey gland sauce!

Do not pass me the steak sauce, O sauce

Comment

SAUCE, n. The one infallible sign of civilization and enlightenment. A people with no sauces has one thousand vices; a people with one sauce has only nine hundred and ninety-nine. For every sauce invented and accepted a vice is renounced and forgiven. Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
            US author & satirist (1842 - 1914)

Highly recommended is Bierce's book: The Devil's Dictionary. Well, perhaps not recommended for the devout.

Comment

My take on a steaksauce..

Comment

For those not a fan of traditional steak sauce, you really should try a board sauce. It is amazing.

I make a board sauce with olive oil and freeze dried herbs. Lighthouse brand Salad Herd Mix was the go-to kind before it became unavailable in the local stores, so now I do a custom mixture.

The inspiration was this on the free side:

A fresh and bright board sauce recipe is a great way to add an additional depth of flavor to grilled steak. A technique that was created by Chef Adam Perry Lang, board dressings feature fresh herbs and olive oil that are painted on the cutting board, allowing the flavors to meld with the meat's juices as it's sliced.

Comment

I grew up with A1 but usually don't use anything anymore (buying better steaks than I grew up with) The one exception is flank steak and I've found that Salt Lick's BBQ sauce is excellent. It really isn't like any other bbq sauce I've ever had -- it really is more of a steak sauce.

One grocery store around here used to carry but no longer does. It's good enough I've called and had it shipped up from TX.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here