Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon barrel aged Maple Syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourbon barrel aged Maple Syrup

Well if this isn’t one of the best damn things I’ve ever tasted in my entire life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	97A46974-376A-4794-B13C-F31228CFCDE5.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	716582

I haven't had that brand, but Costco carries something similar intermittently and it is the best stuff I have ever put on pancakes or waffles. I figured it was kind of a gimmick but was like, "Well, it's not that much more expensive." Worth every penny.

I use maple syrup as an add-in to everything from iced coffee drinks to sauces. I don't know that it stands out too much there, but again... on pancakes and waffles it's the bomb.

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd give you another like if I could. The Costco stuff is awesome.

Mosca where do you get that at?

Comment

• SMOG MAN
      SMOG MAN commented
      Editing a comment
      It was easy to find it on Amazon if you are an online shopper.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in Wegman’s grocery, picking up stuff to experiment making maple bbq sauce. Had to have it.

That brand is new to me, but a spice shop near me sells a bunch of flavored maple syrups from a different producer. They are quite tasty!

Comment

The flavors are strikingly complimentary. Natural.

Comment

I’m thinking bacon

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Now all they need to do is add pancake flavor to the bacon syrup and one could drink his breakfast ComfortablyNumb

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          You can still drink your breakfast Troutman It's called a Bloody Mary ;-)

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the way you think

i have whiskey that was aged in a barrel that they used to age the maple syrup. i quite like it

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          So is this a "which came first the chicken or the egg" scenario?

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman i know it at least was whiskey->maple syrup->whiskey, who knows if it was bourbon first or rum or what. either way, yum

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here