Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

On another thread, it is pretty clear that MW is despised by some--LOL For me, it's the best sandwich spread, but I'm thinking I am in a distinct minority. So, which do you prefer for sandwiches (even I'll admit that MW isn't always a good choice for other applications)? Also, pick your favorite mayo--and let me know if I've missed your fave.

Miracle Whip
    16.28%
    Mayo
    20.93%
    Mayo--people who use MW should be shot
    6.98%
    Duke's
    15.12%
    Best Foods/Hellman's
    30.23%
    Kraft
    4.65%
    Heinz ( a new kid on the block)
    0%
    Blue Plate
    0%
    Home Made
    5.81%
    Last edited by Willy; August 2, 2018, 04:09 PM.

While I don't feel that the use of Miracle Whip constitutes a capital offense worthy of execution, those who do use it are highly suspect and should be monitored carefully, and, at the very least, put on the "do not fly" list.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Especially if they're name starts with W.

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well...I am pretty shifty.

We always had both Kraft Mayo and MW in the house, and I used to eat MW sammies. Now we use Kraft Mayo, but another brand will do if there is no Kraft.

It's hard to beat a tomato sammie with mayo.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      We're Kraft, too, but Wegman's just started stocking Duke's, and I have to say it's really good mayonnaise.

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      just had my wife bring back a jar of Duke's from Richmond ,VA to NJ! haven't tried it yet. I'm a Hellmann's man but many southern recipes call for Duke's so ...

How do you un-vote something? I am definitely NOT in the Miracle Whip camp.

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure if you can un-vote, but you can still vote for mayo--either entry.

Would you eat Miracle Ribs?
    I rest my case....
    Last edited by smokenoob; August 2, 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I grew up with Miracle Whip. My wife grew up with Hellman's. We generally have both in the house. I'll use either, tonight I'm going to make a crab salad, and I'll use the Hellman's, but for sandwiches, my choice is MW.

When our oldest daughter was 3, we thought she didn't like tuna. Then while driving back from California we were eating tuna straight out of the can, and she was gobbling it down. That's when we realized she loved tuna, it was any mayo type product she didn't like. 39 now, and still won't eat it.

Comment

Hey! Let’s not forget the mayo knife.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll never fergit, as long as I still live, Brother!
          I Swanee!

Hmmm, the DNF list is growing...

Comment

Hellmans is the only choice IMO.
          Would’t even consider any of the other choices.

Comment

How about homemade? Not that difficult, especially if you have a stick blender.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup.

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              Home made is now a choice.

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely home made. Dukes isn’t bad in a pinch.

Gotta have very fresh eggs for the homemade emulsion to work easily.

Duke’s, the mother sauce of the South.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Ooohrahhh.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              +3....Dukies !!!

• ColonialDawg
              ColonialDawg commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen, brother.

I grew up with MW, and I thought that was mayo. I remember eating I think it was a chicken sandwich at McD's and I asked my friend's mom what the white creamy sauce was on it, she laughed and said mayo. I was like "no, the really creamy thick white sauce on this sandwich" she said "yeah...that's...mayo..." Hmmm. It was a revelation. I guess I lived a sheltered life. I though MW was mayo and I really didn't like MW at all. LOVE mayo though and I will buy Duke's online because it's fairly rare to find it here in stores.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              fuzzydaddy lol!
              Once upon a time, in a fit of Anti-Sobriety, my Da brought home a couple cases of canned mackeral
              (He was purty much perpetually banned from doin th groceryin, based upon this incident.)
              Reckon that's about all I got to say bout that...

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones here's my "like" of your comment!

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Likes right back atcha, my Brother fuzzydaddy ! Y)

We use Hellman's. However we recently tried Duke's and liked it. It might have fared better in the poll if more people knew about it.

Comment

Dukes, Dukes, Dukes!

Comment

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                Watcha talkin' about? Those guys in the funny orange car?

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Bogy
                the funny orange car
                Th General Lee...

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones

Thinking about it, while I grew up with MW, and I'm not really that picky, what I use most of the time is Horseradish Sauce. Started when I was introduced to it at Arby's, now it's my go to for sandwiches.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Arby's Horsey Sauce is a fave; got a homemade receipt?

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here