Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauerkraut recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauerkraut recommendations

Can any recommend a retail brand of sauerkraut?

I know home made is best but my wife won't let me use the closet for it any more. And I don't have 6 weeks.

Clint Cantwell I am all over this Rueben Burger melt sandwich thing of deliciousness. Why didn't I think of this!

Im gonna whip up some Russian (can I say Russian) and buy some good cheese. I think I'm gonna need some pickles too.

i can't wait!

I like Silverfleece Kraut. Some people say it's too vinegary but I like that.

I always like using smoked Swiss cheese on my Ruebens.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure I've seen it here. I'll take a look. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	prod_Bubbies2017_SAUERKRAUT.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	465721

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I wondered about this one. Thank you.

I'll betcha this is good too: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENWGE9G...=5307027230601

Comment

This is a raw, unpasteurized product so it's only available in local NorCal retailers, but it is the best kraut ever. http://www.saltandsavour.com/

Comment

It all tastes the same to me.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Gee thanks DDubs. I knew I could count on you. 😀😎
          It all tastes kinda sour-ee and Krautee right? 🤷‍♂️

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually the best sauerkraut I ever had was made by my grandmother back in the day.

Whatever you buy, I would buy Kraut in a bag first, then jarred and as a last resort in a can. I usually will modify with some sautéed onions, diced apple, a little brown sugar and bacon.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds good. I bout 1 bag or something labled "Bavaria" and a bottled "Bubbies" for comparison.

Ok the kids were promised Hebrew Nats yesterday so I'm making the burger tomorrow. This is what I bought as my choices were limited. I was looking for something without added water but no luck. I will do a comparison on the dogs tonight to see which I like better.
        Thanks all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1475.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	465845

Comment

You lucky guys who can eat sauerkraut!
          (don’t ask why you are so lucky, it aint purdy)

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I have some pulled pork there, beef stew and some Bloody Mary mix in the court measure if Your interested.

No all that is allowed in my diet! Cheers!
          Or maybe I should say, in my system!

Comment

We eat a lot of kraut in my family. My dad use to make it and all I remember was it would really stink...ha.
            Dont laugh but for store bought try Franks with caraway seeds. It’s in a can but is one of the better store bought krauts IMO. It has a sweeter flavor due to the caraway seeds. Our local Walmart actually started carring it for us.

Comment

Just jarred up a batch of homemade today. Not that it helps you much.

Comment

My wife won’t eat Kraut, and when I Mentioned the Rueben Burgers she reminds me she doesn’t like Ruebens. Guess next time the girls are out I can give them a try.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here