Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauerkraut Relish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauerkraut Relish

1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp.pepper
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1 tsp. prepared mustard
    1 16 oz. can sauerkraut drained
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped bell pepper

Heat sugar, vinegar, garlic powder,pepper and salt together til it disolves. Pour over sauerkraut stir in the rest of the ingredients, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.

This is good with Bratwurst, hotdogs or just sausage of any kind.

If I remember correctly the recipe came from an old Kingford recipe booklet about 30 years ago and it's still good today.

Sounds yummy!
    Thanks fer sharin'!!!

Comment

Hmmmm ... and here I was wondering what to do with that last jar of homemade kraut that's just sitting there in the fridge until I get around to making the next batch.

Comment

And this will be my favorite post of the week. I LOVE sauerkraut and this will be coming to the table on Saturday. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That's really funny. I had some coleslaw and hot mustard in the fridge but no kraut. I added the mustard and slaw to my pastrami sandwich last night. I thought to myself, "if I put the slaw, kraut and some hot mustard together, how much better could I make this?" Your recipe kind of answered the question. Thanks.

Comment

I will be making this!

Comment

Bayoublast, Thank You for the Recipe! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! I bet this just Great on Corned Beef πŸ€ Pastrami
              and or . . .Γ’Ββ€œ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ‘πŸ‘
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here