Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender Hollandaise Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blender Hollandaise Sauce

Four egg yolks (room temperature)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    One shot of Tabasco
    quarter pound of butter
    1/2 teaspoon dried mustard

1-put all the ingredients except the butter in a blender
    2-melt the butter in the microwave until it's bubbly hot but not brown
    3-turn on the blender, with the blender running pour the hot butter slowly in a steady stream continued blending for five seconds. Transfer to bowl a and serve

room temperature eggs and hot butter or the key to this recipe

This is great served over steak and seafood.

Crab legs, asparagus and hollandaise sauce served over steak would be Oscar style.

Lobster tail, asparagus and hollandaise sauce served over steak would be Neptune style.

Super nice, ScottSeebohm !!! Thanks fer th' receipt, added t' th' catalog!!!

Comment

Sounds like it would work on eggs Benedict as well.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
        ScottSeebohm commented
        Editing a comment
        It works very well on eggs Benedict

Guess what just pops into my head
        Steak Benedict

When I see eggs Benny on a restaurant menu (or any other item served with hollandaise sauce) and am thinking about perhaps ordering it I have learned to ask the waitress or waiter if the hollandaise sauce is made on site or a packaged mix. Usually, I get a stock answer of yes, but have learned to look for the deer in the headlights syndrome. Usually after seeing that or suspecting that look I ask for a sample before ordering. 99% of the time it is the packaged mix and for some damned reason the server usually looks baffled as to why I did not not order the hollandaise sauce entree.

Oh yeah, IMHO the poached eggs have absolutely got to be runny. FDA be damned.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
        ScottSeebohm commented
        Editing a comment
        The sauce is legit and obviously won't be mistaken for a packet

That's a really clever approach to making Hollandaise. Thanks ScottSeebohm !

Comment

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Same technique also works well for bernaise sauce.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
            ScottSeebohm commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll give that a try next

Since steak was on the menu for tonight, I made your sauce. GREAT! Now, I've never put hollandaise on steak and probably won't again, but, dang, what a nice, EASY, authentic hollandaise. I foresee eggs Benedict in the VERY near future. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• lschweig
            lschweig commented
            Editing a comment
            Bearnaise sauce really goes better with steak than Hollandaise.

• ScottSeebohm
            ScottSeebohm commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you've tried it
            I hope my suggestion didn't ruin your steak

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            @ScottSeebohm--Nah, it didn't ruin it at all. I just think the hollandaise is a bit too mild as a steak sauce. Thanks again for the recipe; as I said, eggs Benedict are in the near future.

re more lemon--I was wondering if it might break the sauce.

Gonna SV myself some of this tonight.

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
            ScottSeebohm commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent

I think I'd like to add more lemon juice--maybe up it to two tablespoons. Would that have any negative effects?

Comment

• ScottSeebohm
            ScottSeebohm commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure about weather the consistency would be right but hey give it a try

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here