Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first can

i just had my first lesson in canning at my grandmothers and we made onion relish. Good stuff on hotdogs and burgers. Can't wait to try it on other stuff
    Attached Files

Sweet. I was going to do some figs, never got the figs. So all I have is canned air right now.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      pun pun pun sure taught i did 2

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      You can sell canned air. People will actually buy it. Let's call it "Breath of Broussard".

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      fuzzydaddy OK, but one problem, that is the name of the cologne I'm about to bring to market.

Great looking stuff Pitmaster134 . I do suggest writing the year on the lids with a marker. That is especially helpful if you wind up canning lots of things.

Comment

• Pitmaster134
      Pitmaster134 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is only the beginning. My aunt said that I kinda missed "caning season" this year, but in a few weeks when apples come in at our local orchard, we are making apple sauce

Or we could can different types of smoke and sell it. Bet it would go good round Christmas time for people who don't have fireplaces. Like apartments. Catch phrase "just open a jar and smell what you've been a missin"

Comment

Gonna have ta introduce me to your grandma. All my relatives have passed and that's one thing I missed out on of being taught. Lucky you.

Comment

• Pitmaster134
        Pitmaster134 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like I'm a little late on learning, but better late than never I suppose

I thought I was going to see pics of a suppressor lol. Great job! Its an important skill to have and pass on. We are still eating kraut and pickles from two seasons ago. Its apple time down here so canning a couple of bushes of honey crisps will be on the schedule shortly.

Comment

• Pitmaster134
        Pitmaster134 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honey crisps are my absolute favorite! They will be in soon and I'm making applesauce with my aunt and Grandmom. Depending on the orchards availability, I might grab some peaches to make jam too

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here