Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian Dressing Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Dressing Recipe

Here's a recipe I found on Epicurious, which was great on pastrami sandwiches. Makes about 1 /4 cups.

1 Tbs finely chopped onion
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup ketchup-style chili sauce
    4 tsp bottled (regular, not packed in beet juice) horseradish
    1 tsp hot sauce (preferably Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 tsp sweet paprika
    Sea salt

In a mortar and pestle, mash the onion to create a paste, or use a large heavy knife to mince and mash the onion into a paste. Transfer the onion paste to a small bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise, chili sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and sweet paprika. Season with sea salt to taste. (Can be prepared and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)

Sounds good. Ionce ttook some leftover Apple City sauce and mixed it with mayo for some Russian-type sauce to put on the first pastrami I made. I'm pretty sure I glimpsed the afterlife.
    Last edited by jmott7; January 2, 2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

The Burn Thanks I will have to try this since i am desalinating some corned brisket today for pastrami.

Comment

Definitely check this dude out on my next pastrami.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here