Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grillo’s - New Favorite Pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grillo’s - New Favorite Pickles

After years of the standard grocery store brands - and finding them lacking - I stumbled upon Grillo’s Pickles when a friend brought some spears over.

Just found their chips at Costco, and I’m thrilled to have a good local source.

Have you tried these? Any other brands you recommend?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	00963747-0CAA-432A-B3D9-7A662322B254.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1066009
    Last edited by Santamarina; July 24, 2021, 04:53 PM.

I buy their spears. Great stuff. Another type you should look for is fermented pickles. They will be in a cooler, probably not easy to find outside of a coop.

Comment

Wickles, Claussen, Mt. Olive ain't too danged shabby, neither...

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Mt. Olive spicy are my favorites too…..for grocery store pickles.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        I literally live 15 minutes from the Mt Olive pickle factory... guess which pickles I've never tried...

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Get their spicy! Mucho goodo.

Talk about timing, the ad that came out today for Cub Foods here in the Twin Cities has Grillo's on sale 2 for $7.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like mebbe a pickle binge might be jus th thing, then...

A neighbor of mine and her husband make their own homemade "Ghost Pepper Pickles". They’ve been giving me some over the last year or so, and these are the best pickles I’ve had. Don’t know her recipe, but she apparently uses some pickling spices along with some type of ghost pepper liquid. She also adds whole garlic cloves, small red and yellow bell pepper slices and a few green beans. Talk about good and spicy!
      Attached Files

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I am interested. I eat a lot of pickles.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        klflowers I just called her. It might be a few days but I’ll get it and post it when I do. I’ll tag you on the recipe and you too Mr. Bones
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 25, 2021, 02:02 PM.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Colour Me Interested!!!

I have never seen Grillo’s but will try them if I do. Meanwhile, we enjoy the Mt. Olive brand. Also Claussen and a local called simply Milwaukee Pickles.

Comment

I have had Grillo's and they are good. I also like Claussen, Boars Head, Tony Packo's out of Toledo (made famous by Klinger on Mash)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxwell had quite th nose fer searchin out some Good Stuff!

Grillo's are very good. We have some in the fridge right now.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here