Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin’s Smoked Turkey for the win, sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franklin’s Smoked Turkey for the win, sort of

Click image for larger version

Name:	0A6992AA-21D7-49ED-BEB7-C2E9CA3F686B.jpeg
Views:	621
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	947464 We had contingency plans for Thanksgiving if the weather did not cooperate (it did) and had a thawed turkey breast we needed to cook. Used Aaron Franklin’s method. 26” kettle, SnS, KBB, pecan chunks, 7lb breast with no pre-injection.

Overall results were good. Nice color, great moisture, sliced nicely. Was disappointed with the smoke. I think I will use a stronger wood next time. For whatever reason it didn’t take the pecan as well as some other things I’ve smoked. The smoke was also uneven. A couple of bites were over smoked.

Made turkey Manhattans for dinner. Saved half the leftovers for sandwiches. Chopped and froze the other half for tacos or chili.

Overall, good meal. Will have to fix the smoke next time.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here