Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoked chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked chicken

Hier is my recept for smoked chicken, it takes 2-3 days for you to the finish

Day 1: take 0,4 Gal water add 5 ounce salt, 7 ounce castor sugar, 0,3 ounce black pepper, 4 juniper berry, 4 bay leafs, garlic clove, thyme, rosemary and one onion. put it all together and cook it for 5 minutes, then cool it, after it is cooled, put chicken breast in the water and leave it in the refrigarator for 12 hours. then take it out, rinse it in clean water, and let it dry for 1 day in the refrigarator. next day i use the pellet bbq with an additionel smoke tube on 110 C / 230 F and core temperature 74 C / 165 F
    Attached Files

Nice color. Looks delicious. Would love to cube/tear the meat and put it on a salads, tacos or enchiladas. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I still wet brine my chicken as well. Still think it's superior to dry bring with salt alone. Nice posting !!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

That looks good!

Comment

Thanks. I'll give this a whirl. Do you add anything to the skin before smoking. Dry rub? Oil? Thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here