Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHicken wings on the weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHicken wings on the weber

Click image for larger version

Name:	05A2A3E4-D373-44B9-A515-DBCABB76A0AC.jpeg
Views:	383
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	859612 6 lbs of wings. Meant to dry brine but still frozen this am so I soaked in a salty water solution for 2 hours and then dried on paper towels, coated with Penney’s BBQ 3000 (which I had handy) and left in fridge spread out to air dry. Filled the SnS with hot coals and laid out all the wings meaning some were over the hot side. Seared them till brown on both side and moved them all around.

1.5 sticks of melted butter, a load of garlic and a bunch of hot sauce—- I’d take the seared wings out and baptize them and put on indirect side. Had to mound a few up not to get on the direct side and cooked another 10 minutes till about 150+ internal on most pieces. Sauce tacked up but then I rebaptized and seared again briefly. Fair amount of flames given the dripping butter. Man they were good. Too bad I didn’t take a pic of the whole lot but here are a few
    Last edited by fracmeister; June 9, 2020, 07:37 PM. Reason: Upload pix

To me there is no better sauce for a chicken wing than butter, garlic and hot sauce. And the double sauce technique is a must!

Comment

Yum hot wings !!

Comment

I love wings.

Comment

I bought the 10lb bag of frozen wing pieces from Sam's and cooked them all in one sitting last week on my Grilla. Surprisingly, all 10lb fit but it sure was tight! Side note I'm usually very leery of the frozen wings, they always taste bleh, strange, like they're way too old, but these were fantastic, very fresh tasting. Anyway- Yeah butter garlic and hot sauce are the bomb. I too enjoy mine very well done.

Comment

Those wings look magic.
            I've got 5kg bag in the freezer that need to come out just to give that sauce a try. Ive got a really good peri peri hot sauce that I'm going to use.

Comment

Nuthin, nuthin like a pile of YOUR wings. 👍

Comment

Growing up in a southern baptist church we were all double, triple, or more baptized, but I never thought of applying the concept to wings. I'm going to rededicate my heart to wings and give this hot sauce double-baptism a go!
                Last edited by hoovarmin; June 10, 2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I really like the double dunk approach. I will have to admit one of my kids prefers them HOT so just after the second baptism and before the last time on the grill i dredge his in red chili flakes. That will catch you up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here