Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Pot Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Pot Pie

I posted this Chicken Pot Pie recently on the SUWYC Channel and was asked to post the recipe I used. Since I started with a simple Betty Crocker Recipe here is a link to that recipe. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...2-a4a2533baf75. I made several adjustments because we had 1# of PBC Chicken in the freezer so here goes.

1# cooked chicken cut up
    16 oz frozen mixed vegetables-thawed
    2 cans cream of chicken soup + about 1/2 cup water
    2 large eggs
    2 1/2 cups Bisquick
    1 cup milk

Mix the chicken, vegetables, soup, 1/2 cup water and put in 12" CI Pan
    Mix eggs, Bisquick, and milk until blended and top the chicken/vegetable mixture
    Bake in 375* oven until browned to your liking

I'm no expert at Chicken Pot Pie but this was a good start for me. Next time I'd probably dot the top Bisquick mixture into 12 rather than 8 just to make smaller portions. IMO the smoked chicken from the PBC (or however you make yours) really increased the flavor of the dish. This simple recipe would be easy to adjust to your individual liking.

Another approach is using pastry dough for the top. We use a store bought one for a quick chicken pot pie and it comes out great. We use a rotisserie chicken and save the bones for stock.

Comment

This was a staple in my mothers kitchen, thanks for the reminder, time I started cooking this again.
      Its a simple hearty meal.

Comment

Very nice. This will also work with leftover smoked beef although you might want to sub some thickened beef gravy for the chicken soup.

Comment

Agreed with the chicken making the difference. When making chicken pot pie (and several other dishes) I always use leftovers from when I rotisserie a couple of birds.

Comment

Good hearty comfort food. Thanks for the recipe, Skip .

Kathryn

Comment

I think this one would also work well made in a dutch oven on a campout. Hmmm...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here