Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking times for boneless turkey thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking times for boneless turkey thighs

Hi everyone. For Thanksgiving this year, we've decided to skip the white meat, and so I'm cooking 7 boneless turkey thighs on my RecTec. I want little or no smoke flavor on them, so I'm planning to cook at 375-400 degrees. Haven't weighed them after the bone was taken out, but I'm thinking that each one now weighs one pound. How long do you think I should give myself to cook them to an IT of 175? Thanks.

I have no idea on time but you would be safe to cook them to 165 internal. Sounds like a great way to have turkey. I like thigh meat best also. So get your Maverick or Smoke out and set it up and start checking when they reach 160.

Comment

mountainsmoker Will do, thanks! Yeah, I’m figuring boneless will make things a whole lot easier when it’s time to slice. I’ve always had the hardest time trying to get the bone out without sacrificing meat.

Comment

I suggest putting your thermo in the smallest piece. When it reaches final temp, check them all and pull those that are done. Then put the thermo in the smallest remaining piece and repeat. That way you shouldn't have any overcooked pieces.

Comment

• Smoking77
          Smoking77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good idea, thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here