Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serendipitous accident because I'm frugal (cheap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serendipitous accident because I'm frugal (cheap)

To start off with, I'm talking about cooking 1 chicken thigh because that's all I can eat do to stomach bybass surgery. Last week, I cooked a chicken thigh on a PK360 using reverse sear method. I'm a big fan of crispy chicken skin. I can't remember where I saw or read about cooking chicken thighs with the skin completely removed, but for some reason, I decided to try it. The thigh was rubbed with RecTec's Bloody Mary rub and finished with Famous Dave's Devil's Spit. It was incredibly good. I'm an old man and I've cooked a lot of chicken thighs. My very first mother-in-law taught me the value of 1 minute turns after BBQ sauce application, so I came away with something positive out of that marriage. After a minor disaster this week of cooking a small portion of rib eye steak SVQ to 131 ° and then searing it, it came out practically medium well, I decided to try chicken again. Again, I removed the skin, and put on a dose of KosmosQ Hot Dirty Bird. When I looked around for a BBQ sauce, I had only a little of the Famous Dave's Devil's Spit left and a similar amount of KosmosQ Apple Chipotle. There wasn't enough left in either bottle to baste the chicken thigh enough, so I just dumped the remainders in a bowl and mixed them up. They are spectacular together. Devil's Spin may be too hot for some folks and Apple Chipotle to mild, but together they're a marriage made in heaven.

And now you've learned to not wait until you are nearly out to mix things up for a nice Surprise(AZ)!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here