Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violation Vortex Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violation Vortex Wings

One of those lazy evenings. The wife wasn't hungry and avo on toast was her wish.
    The kids not at home and I had a busy day cooking so i was happy to just chill.

No problem until I came across the bag of wings in the freezer that brought on an instant craving for vortex wings. I have cooked them from frozen more than I haven't and getting a vortex going is quick and easy.

Into the spice cupboard for a rub. Decide on Worcestershire braai spice, lemon and rosemary seasoning and my eye caught a bottle of my daughter's Butter Popcorn Seasoning.
    Yes I did use it to season 4 of the 16 wings.
    How was it?
    Much better than I thought it would be.
    Would I use it again?
    Yes because my daughter will love it, she don't like any bone in chicken but did eat some of my last batch.

I hope this is not a travesty

Im ok with anything butter, fake or not. That does actually sound really good.

Comment

"Any way you want it. That's the way you need it."

Comment

• AmosMoses01
        AmosMoses01 commented
        Editing a comment
        And now Journey will be the first track on this morning's driving playlist!

Don’t tell anyone but the Butter Popcorn Seasoning is really good on French fries right out of the deep fryer. They are like little crisp baked potato strips.

Comment

Dang!!! Gangster move right there.

Comment

Originally posted by holehogg View Post
          One of those lazy evenings. The wife wasn't hungry and avo on toast was her wish.
          The kids not at home and I had a busy day cooking so i was happy to just chill.

No problem until I came across the bag of wings in the freezer that brought on an instant craving for vortex wings. I have cooked them from frozen more than I haven't and getting a vortex going is quick and easy.

Into the spice cupboard for a rub. Decide on Worcestershire braai spice, lemon and rosemary seasoning and my eye caught a bottle of my daughter's Butter Popcorn Seasoning.
          Yes I did use it to season 4 of the 16 wings.
          How was it?
          Much better than I thought it would be.
          Would I use it again?
          Yes because my daughter will love it, she don't like any bone in chicken but did eat some of my last batch.

I hope this is not a travesty
          Oh - my - goodness! What an awesome idea! I mean ... dang, never thought of that, but now that you've brought it up, that will be a really interesting addition to whatever liquid injection I decide to concoct for next expedition in smoking turkey! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Give it a try and let us know.
            I still have to smoke turkey.

Just think of the possibilities! That's awesome. One day you may be up there with my other hero, the first man to eat an oyster!

Comment

Originally posted by Oak Smoke View Post
            Just think of the possibilities! That's awesome. One day you may be up there with my other hero, the first man to eat an oyster!
            Or the first man to eat a lobster !!!!!!

Comment

Seems legit. I have some blue cheese powder that might go with some chile powder to make the first pre dipped hot wing.

Comment

• holehogg
                holehogg commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds a whole lot better than fake butter seasoning

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here