Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saigon/Malaysian Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saigon/Malaysian Wings

A combo of two Asian styles, garlic, lemon, star anise wings. The first pic is for the garlic whiners out there.😎. Then there is a pic of ingredients. The wings on my Weber is the second time in 2 1/2 yrs I didn’t use the SnS. The last pic is the dinner plate & for all you kale enthusiasts, yes it’s what I may think is my annual consumption of kale. The salad was ok, better after a shot of Tamari. Click image for larger version

Name:	BD5B39CB-6CB2-44DC-8070-CE384FE922F8.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	662384Click image for larger version

Name:	63457347-9066-4945-918A-559FABBA54ED.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	662385Click image for larger version

Name:	B7F48473-8303-4A6A-A493-DD35380052F7.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	662386Click image for larger version

Name:	A7707982-C4B6-41BB-8553-47EBAF1CDBC4.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	662387Click image for larger version

Name:	B0E5EFED-C716-4D82-8FA1-5FC6221CD072.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	662388Click image for larger version

Name:	681E0705-0B4C-43C5-8E95-425F3E88DE5F.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	662389Click image for larger version

Name:	95F39C22-9A86-48AD-BF83-40601C49361F.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	662390

These look delicious, with wonderful ingredients! Must have made a nice chage of taste. Thanks for sharing FireMan.

Comment

Oh man. I’m stuffed but I’d have those for thirds tonight.

Comment

Nice! Great looking cook, sir!

Comment

Now that’s what I’m talking about, taking a basic protein, merging a number of Asian ingredients to create a unique outcome rises to the level of a laudable recipe. If you write that up, I believe it may warrant a nomination!!

Comment

LOVE me some star anise - always catches trout!

Great looking wings too - one of those would catch a flathead.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey I’ve never been caught by a star anise !!!

This looks really good FireMan

Comment

Great lookin meal!

Comment

Recipe, please! That looks great, despite the kale on the plate.

Kathryn

Comment

Man, that looks pretty good. If it wasn't for having to chop all that garlic, I would definitely try that. Even the kale...

Comment

Ain't nuthin wrong with some kale, in my book. And those wings sure sound tasty! Now give us a recipe or I'm gonna suspect something's rigged

Comment

Ok, fzxdoc , klflowers , Troutman I’ll give this a try. Marinade: 1/4 cup regular soy sauce, a shot of dark soy sauce (2 tbsp), dark for different added sorta sweet taste, a shot of another different soy sauce, a shot of fish sauce, juice from 1 1/2 lemons, zest from one lemon or lemon grass (equivalent), about one inch of ginger sliced thin, a shot of white wine, 3 to 4 star anise (those little star things in the picture for those of you in Oconomowoc), 2 tbsp of black pepper, 1tsp of oriental hot mustard powder. Now for the difficult secret ingredient ( klflowers pay attention here and I don’t want any back talk or whimpering) 6 cloves of garlic, peeled & sorta smashed. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, set bowl in the middle of a table, then do an Asian dance twice around the table. Then pour marinade in a non-leaky bag with 2 1/2 to 3 lbs, of chickies wings. Set it in the fridge overnight flipping the bag every so often so as to have the marinade do it’s thing. I’m not going to tell ya’ll how to cook the wings. If’n ya don’t know by now, figger it out or ask & another Member will tell you how if ya. Hope it works for you the way it worked for me.
                      🕶
                      PS. Do not salt anything cuz of the soy sauce.
                      Last edited by FireMan; April 10, 2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much, FireMan , for that recipe. I've copied/pasted it into a Word document and am ready to go with it. Just as soon as I get my Asian dance routine down pat.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for posting the recipe! I will have to try this out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here