Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a Prime Rib roast round like Meatheads illustration?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a Prime Rib roast round like Meatheads illustration?

It's too late for mine, since it's on the cooker... but I couldn't get the darn thing round at all. Are you supposed to slice a spot somewhere to aid in rolling? I pushed down as hard as I could and tied as I went but it ended up pretty oblong. All the videos I found were just for tying the bones back on or that cool video someone else posted about fully deconstructing and then gluing it. We're used to Prime Rib that comes out the traditional multiple levels of doneness per slice, but I would still like to learn for next time.

​ I just tie mine up the best I can trying for "round." Does me no good to stress toward perfection. Helps me to sort of start in the middle sometimes depending on the cut. I have two very imperfect "round" rib roasts on the kettle right now😁. No stressing on Christmas.

Comment

I found the video in the recipe write up to be more useful than the description. if you didnt watch that go back and take a look.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here