Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day Late Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Late Turkey

Always cook my Turkey on the Friday. At the maw in law's on T Day. One and done, and dang dang good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0272.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	596792
    ​​​​​​​

that looks freaking amazing man!

Comment

That looks super.

Comment

This looks good, how long was the cook?

Comment

EEEE-YAAAAHHH!!! Doing one Sunday on Spartacus.

Comment

@GlassHalfFullAz Brother, It took three hours, 13 pounds, at 325 on a huge bed of herbs. Everything in the store. These herbs smolder for hours giving off the most wonderful end results one could hope for.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 8.59.58 PM.png
Views:	154
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	596830Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	596831

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	596832

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	596833

Comment

• lonnie mac
              lonnie mac commented
              Editing a comment
              Try a chicken brother! You will be a convert!

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              The bed of herbs probably cost more than the bird, nice job !!!

• lonnie mac
              lonnie mac commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed brother, and then some!! Gotta get back into my herb growin.

That's just beautiful!

Comment

Yum. Hungry again!

Comment

Hey Lonnie, I have the herbs and the bird, how did you build/manage your fire?

Comment

• lonnie mac
                  lonnie mac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My set point was 325 on the firebird with Guru fan. I just load it up with coals, dig a hole in the center and dump in about 15-20 lit coals. Very much the Minion Method, but after that I just let the Fireboard control it. It does it very well.

• lonnie mac
                  lonnie mac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On our WSCGC, I usually will start about 20 coals using the burner, move it off to another spot while I load up the bottom with a good load and have it all ready to go with the diverter plate, chunk or two of my smoke wood.

Nice looking bird, Lonnie mack. Like the trick with the herbs. Gonna have to add that to the to-do list.

Comment

Love that setup with the herbs, and that bird looks off the hook! Food magazine photo for sure!

Comment

Man, that there's some Uptown Brown, fer sure, Brotha!

Quite th bed of herbs an such; I can only imagine th heavenly aroma!

Comment

Ok lonnie mac spill it on the herb blend. Do I seen green onion, parsley, sage, thyme and what else?

Comment

• lonnie mac
                      lonnie mac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And rosemary, and fresh bayleaf, and chives. Basically in the herb section, close your eyes and grab two of everything they have. I don't think there is a bad combination!

• cgrover60
                      cgrover60 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice. Thanks lonnie mac

Look at me lonnie mac , I'm flying!!!!

Name:	turkey.3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	597558

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah Captain Mike, i can't resist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1BxP05NFvg

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very cool EdF, I love the shot of Ronnie Wood shredding his axe while sucking on a cigarette (I was going to use the British slang term for a cig, but chickened out).

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, we old folk are well-acquainted with the term. Glad you liked - one of my favorite Faces tunes.

On a different note, what's the best way to get a sticky dried lick mark off my screen...?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here