Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turkey drippings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turkey drippings

Does anyone think that if I BBQ a turkey with a tray of vegies under it, that the drippings from the turkey will make the vegies greasy? The turkey will be on the grill of my webber and the vegies below in my drip pan.
    Thank you for any help or ideas.
    Art Walton

Yes, they will be greasy. Generally, before you use turkey drippings, you let chill a bit and skim the fat. In your case, that fat will be in your veggies.

I don't know what your setup is - if you have a floating grate and it fits with a turkey put the veggies there. If you have another grill, do them there.

And as I say that - wrap and rest the turkey and do the veggies then, or do the veggies first thing in the morning.

Comment

• ddmcwhirter
      ddmcwhirter commented
      Editing a comment
      I've always found turkey drippings from my smoker were extremely smoky and salty, overpowering any turkey flavor. I'd be careful adding to nice veggies, maybe trying to reach a happy flavor in a sample.

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, ddmcwhirter I'd use the neck and giblets and the wing tips in the kitchen for the gravy stock and parts & pieces...

Thank you guys, I will try something else.
    Art

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here