Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Thanksgiving turkey a bit early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Thanksgiving turkey a bit early

Our daughter and son-in-law aren't going to be able to be with us for the actual Thanksgiving day, but they came in town this weekend so it was turkey time yesterday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	16AA3118-14DC-4892-B80D-4EA70D6921FB.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	591263

I used Meathead's recipe and instructions from the main site, and this 12.5 lb bird was done in about 2.5 hours on the Grand Slam. I neglected to cover the wingtips and drumsticks with foil with all the activity going on in the house, but they didn't get too bad being left uncovered. The family loved it, even my wife who doesn't care for turkey that much. The thin gravy is great!

Now that it will just be the Mrs and I for the real Thanksgiving Day, I'm thinking it is going to be a prime rib day!

Iā€™m a big fan of whole turkey, great job there!

Comment

Nice looking bird there, AmosMoses01 . I bet it was juicy and well-flavored. Enjoy the leftovers.

Kathryn

Comment

Great early Turkey Day for you and your Family! Looks wonderful!

Comment

Smoked is normally the only way I have cooked turkey for the last 10 -15 years.

Comment

Nice! Enjoy!

Comment

Bon appetite....looks delicious!

Comment

Wow! Great job!

Comment

Love turkey. Looks great.

Comment

Nice looking bird!

Comment

šŸ‘ nice šŸ‘

Comment

Thanks yall! One of the blessings that I am thankful for is this site and community, I've learned a ton here. The kids left today with a cooler full of leftovers, so they're thankful too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here