Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me serve perfect smoked chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me serve perfect smoked chicken?

Hello, I am wanting to add a 1/2 of a smoked chicken to my menu but I am concerned about ticket times and serving a consistent product. Optimally I think an alto sham would be the way to go but it is not in my budget. Sure I could wrap the chicken in foil and reheat in the oven but that will take upwards of 20 minutes and the skin will not be crisp. Is my only option to microwave on medium power then try to crisp the skin in a hot oven?

Originally posted by Fletcherous View Post
    I could wrap the chicken in foil and reheat in the oven but that will take upwards of 20 minutes and the skin will not be crisp. Is my only option to microwave on medium power then try to crisp the skin in a hot oven?
    I've not tried it yet to crisp chicken skin (just steaks and burgers so far) ... but one of these might be a possibility:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Searzall.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	584938

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you like the results of this on steaks?

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      The searzall does work well for small quantities. It’s not very big so it takes too long to more than a couple steaks.

I only use the torch when I need to touch up something. Chimneys work much faster and better for searing work.

I think to crisp the skin it needs to be dried out some. I’m not sure the searzall can match a longer hot indirect cook for skin

Don't know what your budget is.. However, I know this company sells the shaam products refurbish from time to time...

https://www.warehouserestaurantdeals...CABEgJYefD_BwE
    Last edited by Timcee; October 28, 2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Nate - "How do you like the results of this on steaks?"

Perfect timing ... 2" thick Chuck eye steak tonight, SV 4 hours at 133 F., Rubbed with olive oil, seasoned with onion salt, garlic salt, and crushed dried basil ... then torched:

Out of the hot tub, oiled and seasoned:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Chuck-eye SV and Torched 20181028 - 1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	585036

Torched and ready to slice:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Chuck-eye SV and Torched 20181028 - 2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	585037

Sliced and ready to serve:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Chuck-eye SV and Torched 20181028 - 3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	585038

To answer your question, I'm really enjoying the Searzall torch ...

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautimous!

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info sir. I’ve been considering asking Santa for one.

Looks great!

• panteracfh3
        panteracfh3 commented
        Editing a comment
        .....and I'm hungry

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here