Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simon and Garfunkel Rub - Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon and Garfunkel Rub - Chicken

Back at reminiscing. I have had my own chicken rubs that worked well. I really did not want to change things up but there were so many raves in the pit about the Simon and Garfunkel rub that I had to try it. I make sure I have some on hand. If you haven't tried it, give it a go. It is great. I also put the rub in a mixture of olive oil and beer and inject the chicken with it. Rate it if you haven't. Try it if you haven't. You won't be sorry you did.

With “parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme,” as the song goes, this herb blend goes on everything. Try it on chicken, turkey, potatoes, grilled asparagus, eggs, pork, you name it.

It's good on prime rib too.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on your advice, I made a baste with olive oil, soy sauce and the rub for my rib-eyes tonight. Delicious. Thank you.

I tried rating this recipe, but the stars didn't turn red. I'm thinkin' that I might have rated this recipe before, but can't remember.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they changed the rating stuff without telling us. I set out on the mission of bringing up recipes with regularity after Meathead asked us to rate them. Today I noticed that the system changed. I was able to rate it by going just under the photo and giving it a rating. Gone today seem to be the red stars on the bottom. I, too, hope it is registering.
      Last edited by tbob4; September 13, 2018, 10:27 PM.

Completely agree. I literally keep a bottle of this stuff at all times. It is my go to poultry rub. When applying on a chicken, I often spice it up a little bit by adding some chili powder or cumin on top. Great stuff!

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto. S&G and MD's chili powder is a great combo!

Love S&G!!!

Comment

This is my go to rub for Thanksgiving turkey. It's also amazing sprinkled on scrambled eggs.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on turkey...perfecto !!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        In the omelets.

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooooo the omelets... gonna miss those this weekend!

Amazing stuff ... I even use it to make salad dressing.

Comment

Agreed! This and other rubs are now part of may permanent pantry. Starting to make it in bulk.

Comment

I almost forgot. When making sandwiches with turkey breast in the days after Thanksgiving, just mix in some S&G with mayo and spread that on.

Comment

Goes in my marinade sauce, grilled veggies, and all things blackened around here!

Comment

I’m not a rosemary fan. My next batch will leave it out. Any suggestions what I should replace it with, if any thing?

Comment

• tbob4
                tbob4 commented
                Editing a comment
                More basil or two different types of oregano. HouseHomey ?

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Try Marjoram or just leave it out. It's a pretty well rounded profile. The SnG is just good all around

This reminds me....I’m about out and need to make more!!

Comment

"for his uniform, she gave herself as prize..."

I wonder if that also works with a really great chicken rub?

Comment

I use it on my Thanksgiving Turkey every year I love it. I’m going to give it a try on some chicken wings tomorrow for the Packer game.

Comment

Can you find crushed bay leaf anywhere? I tried crushing my own with a morter and pistle. And I think I added to much. Possibly 1 tbsp might be too much.

Comment

• Polarbear777
                      Polarbear777 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "The Spice House" online has everything including ground bay leaves.

• Mudkat
                      Mudkat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I finally broke down and bought a Krups coffee or spice grinder. Man it makes making these rubs so much easier including S&G. You can grind up bay leaves in seconds. I use it for making S&G, American Chili Powder, grinding cinnamon sticks, and black pepper corns. Make all these rubs pop IMHO. Some pics below.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here