Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite way to do bone in turkey breast on kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite way to do bone in turkey breast on kamado

got a nice 2.5 lb bone in turkey breast with the skin - I injected ed wet brine from meathead book - what’s best way to cook it?

Myself I would just follow the recipe for doing a Turkey on the freeside recipes

Comment

I've been doing boneless skinless untreated(not pre-brined by supermarket) organic turkey breast all summer. I following Franklin BBQ's method and its been just fantastic. 2 to1 pepper and salt , let it sit several hours to overnight. smoke at 225-240( he says 250 but that's on a much larger pit than my BGE ) I have used one chunk of Applewood . let that go till internal is about 140 and have color all around . then wrap in foil with healthy doses of butter. back on cooker till internal hits 160. comes out juicy and flavorful. oh and typically its 2.5 -3 lb breasts.

Comment

• Breaktheory
        Breaktheory commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s the average cooking time?

Originally posted by Jon Liebers View Post
      I've been doing boneless skinless untreated(not pre-brined by supermarket) organic turkey breast all summer. I following Franklin BBQ's method and its been just fantastic. 2 to1 pepper and salt , let it sit several hours to overnight. smoke at 225-240( he says 250 but that's on a much larger pit than my BGE ) I have used one chunk of Applewood . let that go till internal is about 140 and have color all around . then wrap in foil with healthy doses of butter. back on cooker till internal hits 160. comes out juicy and flavorful. oh and typically its 2.5 -3 lb breasts.
      I actually have a bone in with the skin still on - I already injected with the wet brine last night - I think this recipe would still work...how long does this typically take to cook?

Comment

• Jon Liebers
        Jon Liebers commented
        Editing a comment
        cook to 140 aprox hour I/4 to hour 1 1/2 I think , but just watch the temp (time will also depend on how cold the turkey is when you start). pull at 140 and wrap with addition of butter. I know without injecting it comes out super juicy. ALSO , pull off that skin.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here