Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Wing Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Wing Question....

Cooking wings in the pellet grill running 325-350.

BBQ Sauce- apply pre-cook or post-cook??

Some wings will have an Asian Marinade, some a light dusting of Memphis Dust. Other plain to remain plain or for Buffalo Sauce.

I personally would apply the bbq sauce at the end of the cook.

Comment

I am with Steve, thrown it on at the end. You can throw it over a direct fire to caramelize the sauce though.

Comment

Yeah, I already have it in the pot to heat up if I'm going post.

Thanks guys!!

I'm up to 28 pounds. Top rack will get some too.

Comment

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          That ought to be enough for all of us....

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          A 4+ pound pack is only 12 wings. 24 if you cut 'em.

• bten
          bten commented
          Editing a comment
          that comes out to 150+ wing pieces!

Definitely post if you want crispy skin.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          It works.

• adamjs83
          adamjs83 commented
          Editing a comment
          But you need to do it in advance.

• bten
          bten commented
          Editing a comment
          I use a pump up type sprayer with olive oil in it. It will crisp things up

I don't use sauce. I use duck fat spray and apply rubs before cooking. I smoke at high smoke (~225) for 30 minutes and then turn the heat to 325. Today my rubs are from Grilling Gods. One is called Southern Heat and the other is called Backyard BBQ.
        Attached Files

Comment

They came out alright. Bite through skin still enjoyed immensely. Sauces were hot and plentiful.

Only​​​ chance for a pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180729_165116.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	539993

Comment

• bten
            bten commented
            Editing a comment
            Now I know why you wanted a smoker with all those shelves!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here