Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh my Huli!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my Huli!

After getting my order of Crowd Cow pasture birds last week, I did some research on how I wanted to prepare the three spatchcocked birds. I came up with jerk chicken, Alabama white sauce and Meathead’s Huli Huli Chicken.

My first go was with the Huli Huli chicken on the $30 kettle 😁. I whipped up some marinade last night and off to happy place for about 20 hours. After some reading on number of briquettes needed for various temps I felt much more prepared for the kettle cook then my last few. Half a chimney full and about 20-30 minutes I dumped them in and let er rip for 325*. To my surprise, I held 325-345* the entire cook with a few adjustments on the vents.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F288D196-3827-4D43-AF2A-92F3F9B68F6A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.65 MB ID:	512297

From there i monitored the grill grill temp and of course "Huli" the bird multiple times. Huli and baste with the pasturized marinade for some yummy goodness. After about 40 minutes, temps were getting close to target so over to the hot side with the SnS for some crisp.
    A few more flips, and we had some great crisp with a little char for flavor and texture. The SnS held its own tonight, as it was the first time I used the water channel and think it helped in this case. Really enjoyed this chicken and cook. Just need to figure out some good sides with this next time, as I have half a mason jar full of marinade left to use for more cooks. If you haven’t tried this, give it a go. You won’t be disappointed!

Click image for larger version  Name:	83DBBBE9-B3DC-4729-8C8E-561632B905E0.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	512300
    Attached Files
    Last edited by barelfly; June 7, 2018, 08:41 AM.

She's asking for some of that Huli, Huli .........

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Looks delicious.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here