Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle Rotisserie

How many folks use a rotisserie with the Weber Kettle for cooking whole chickens? Or do you just go with the indirect method and rotate occasionally?

I have one for my gasser and love the end results. I would definitely use one on my kettle if I had it.

Comment

I had one many moons ago ... back when I still had a kettle (or two). Like CaptainMike , I now use one fairly regularly on my gasser with invariably great results. It's hard to beat rotisserie yard bird ...

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooohhh, invariably.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        You're a funny man, FireMan.

Do you use a rub with a rotisserie or just something like olive oil and salt and pepper?

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I use a rub on the chicken, but leave the rotisserie alone.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Dry brine, Rub, never oil. Sometimes slip a little S&G or herbs de provence under the skin.

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Originally posted by jlazar View Post
      Do you use a rub with a rotisserie or just something like olive oil and salt and pepper?
      Anything is fair game. I use MMD on duck, chicken and cornish hen; Simon and Garfunkel rub on chicken; huli-huli sauce on chicken and cornish hen; it's all good. The use of a rotisserie just makes it all a bit more self-basting good ...

Comment

I LOVE my kettle rotisserie. I lay down some oil. Parsley. Sage. Rosemary. Tyme. Salt and let is roll. You got me thinking of doing one right now. Here’s a short write up I did last year on it.

https://grillgirl.com/2017/10/how-to...-weber-kettle/
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 6, 2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          It is by far the best chicken I can cook.
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 6, 2018, 05:47 PM.

• jlazar
          jlazar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jon. Great writeup.

Roto on my gasser. One of the best attachment purchase I’ve made.
        I still don’t oil or rub it, but do my chickies.

Comment

Cookin' chicken on the Weber with the rotisserie is our favorite way to cook chicken on the grill. I dry brine the day before and then put a little oil on the chicken to help the rub stick. Don't use melted butter because it contains water and will make the skin less crisp. Use whatever rub you like. I mostly use Simon and Garfunkel, but Dizzy Pig's Peking rub is very nice for a change.

And I forgot to mention that I cook it as hot as I can get the grill to help crisp the skin.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Lid on or off : )

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Lid on. If I leave the lid off, I have to put the hot coals close enough to cause flair ups.

I have one and it was great... however the motor disappeared in one of my moves so it doesn't work that great now.

Comment

I use my kettle with rotisserie and my SnS. Does a great job with either regular roasted or huli-huli.

Comment

I'm convinced. My wife asked if I wanted one for Father's Day. Think I better say yes tomorrow - along with how I know where I can get it if she will just give me the money.

Comment

Another thing I use my rotisserie on my gassers is mh Baltimore pit beef. Works very well and the results are well worth it
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2B85E520-8A68-4F54-AD9B-5F7ED4D55826.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	512325

Name:	6C7C903F-9B47-4551-927B-66C6679FDCA3.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	512326

Name:	6F756CED-E4C3-4A72-A218-6FF9D13EC89D.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	512324

Comment

I have the Cajun bandit rotisserie can be used on my 22 kettle or wsm. Pollo a la brasa chicken is amazing. Simon and Garfunkel rub works well too. I've done jerk but sometimes the sugars get too caramelized, bordering on burnt.

Comment

Good luck - let us know how you like it. I'm pleased enough with my chicken results (spatchcocked mostly these days) that I've not felt the need I once did to buy a rotisserie. In the past year I've spent several hundred on grill accessories such as Grillgrates, Slow 'N Sear, Drip 'N Griddle, Smoke, Smoke Gateway, and so on. Maybe I am just trying to convince myself not to go after something else!

Comment

Rotisserie is great, although I don’t take the time often enough to set it up. When it use one, it is on the gasser. I only have the 26 kettle and have not found a rotisserie for it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here