Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best turkeys I have cooked to date!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best turkeys I have cooked to date!!!!

My normal prep method (dry brine, butter injection, rubbed down with poultry rub). This is the 1st time I have ever cut the turkeys into their individual parts. I had complete control with this cook, and every single piece came off at the exact desired temp. Fed 35 people and received nothing but rave reviews. In fact, one lady, who’s husband loves to cook, said these were the best she’s ever had. Only thing I did different, was set myself up to be able to pull EVERYTHING off at the proper internal temp. No dry boobies and no pink/squishy inner joint meat

Sorry, only snapped a quick pic at the beginning of the cook. The 26 kettle was loaded down...lol.

Attached Files

FULL 26er!!!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      "Were gonna need a bigger boat,"

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's a 22?

Originally posted by smokin1 View Post
    My normal prep method (dry brine, butter injection, rubbed down with poultry rub). This is the 1st time I have ever cut the turkeys into their individual parts. I had complete control with this cook, and every single piece came off at the exact desired temp. Fed 35 people and received nothing but rave reviews. In fact, one lady, who’s husband loves to cook, said these were the best she’s ever had. Only thing I did different, was set myself up to be able to pull EVERYTHING off at the proper internal temp. No dry boobies and no pink/squishy inner joint meat

Sorry, only snapped a quick pic at the beginning of the cook. The 26 kettle was loaded down...lol.

I think we want some details!

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      What temps did you pull the various cuts? How did you handle them afterwards? Thanks!

• rwalters
      rwalters commented
      Editing a comment
      160 on the white meat. 180-185 on the dark. Let it rest for about 30 mins, and carved it up. Super easy cook.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Boss!

Beautiful!

Comment

love yer hogg in the background...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        At least it's a hardtail, unlike nowdays!!!
        I award Points lol!
        Built 3 of my 4 Hogs from basket cases, only ever bought one...

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        on those hardtails, gotta remember your kidney belt on long drives...

Thare she blows!!! Don't rock the boat baby! That's a full ride!!

Comment

Lookin' good.

Comment

Yes!!!!

Comment

I’ve been tempted to do the same. After spatchcocking I cut it into two half’s. Figured that would work pretty well.....we shall see !!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here