Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maple Brined Turkey Breast...my first whole turkey breast ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple Brined Turkey Breast...my first whole turkey breast ever!

This was a first for me, cooking a bone-in turkey breast. Brined overnight, 4 1/2 hours on the Primo LG with a touch of Sugar Maple, then glazed with a maple/dijon mixture...just loved the results here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	363986

Looks great. What did you set your temps to?

Comment

• Sharklovers
      Sharklovers commented
      Editing a comment
      I shot for 225 - which I had for a good hour, then I shot up to 260, and stayed between 250-260 for the remainder..I'm wondering if the addition of the wood made it burn a bit hotter?

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think the hotter would have hurt from a skin perspective.

Congrats! Nice lookin' bird. Below are the stats on a Bone-In Turkey Breast I did recently - first time. The bird came in at just under 8lb's before I Spatch-cocked it. I think the ABC site (SnS) says to shoot for the 340's. Cooker was finicky that day, so temps were up/down, up/down. The bird was cooked in exactly 1.5 hours - Amazing!

The original target temp was 325, which I look at for timing purposes. I made a vent adjustment at 322 degrees that actually caused the temp to drop and it took forever! to recover.

Hope this helps for future cooks - have fun! --Ed

Click image for larger version  Name:	QuickStats.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	364363
    Last edited by Medusa; August 18, 2017, 02:41 AM. Reason: Noted target temp was originally 325

Comment

• Sharklovers
      Sharklovers commented
      Editing a comment
      Great info, thank you!

Beautiful!

Comment

Great lookin bird!

Comment

Looks great. i'll be trying out a turkey breast soon.

Just a brine with salt and sugar? Or did you add something else to it?

The maple/dijon thing, just equal parts?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here