Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wings configuration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wings configuration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC Wings.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	363965 My heretofore favorite chicken supplier (a very large commercial packer) has gone to cutting the wings off the breast and leaving a good size chunk of breast meat on the wing - kind of like cutting some loin onto Baby Back Ribs. We all can figure out that this is done for the same reason - to get wing price for some breast meat. Here it runs about 2:1. At first, this bothered me greatly, but after cooking a couple batches on the PBC for a potluck, I thought they came out just as well with the extra meat. The breast meat shrunk enough to be barely noticeable, so I am rethinking my position on whether I should blast the company and change suppliers, or just roll over and take it. I have stopped buying Baby Back Ribs unless they are cheap enough for me to cut off the attached loin to maintain integrity of the ribs, But it would be much harder to do with the wings. What are your thoughts and what are the reasons to be pro or con?

I picked up that habit a few years ago when I cut wings off a whole bird - I've really liked it. It's just a bit of extra and good meat on the piece as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I like a meaty wing. It bugs me to pay more, but it's kind of a catch-22. Less cost = less meat. I'd be inclined to accept it I think. Price per pound would be my factor.

Comment

I agree with JCGrill. I like to have a couple of good portion bites on a chicken wing. Wings are not necessarily cheap to begin with, so it would definatley be $/lb that would be my deciding factor.

Comment

They do look great!

Comment

My favorite wings configuration

Name:	IMG_7603.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	364527

Comment

I only Use Legs and Thighs! I can't Afford Wings❓ 🤗😇🤗
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	364531Click image for larger version

Views:	81
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	364532

Views:	87
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	364530
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here