Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crispy brined chicken on the egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crispy brined chicken on the egg

I started by stuffing basil leaves under skin covering the breast meat and added 2 lemons chopped in half inside. Then was brined for about 4 hours. In the past when I smoked a chicken after brining the skin was rubbery and almost inedible.

This time after brining I did several things to make the skin turn out better. I dried the chicken as well as possible. Let it set for 2 hours in fridge to help the drying process. Then I added salt, pepper, and baking powder to the skin to help have crispy skin.

Smoked it on indirect heat on the egg at 350, till 165F and was done.

Notice how much mostiure was in the chicken when I carved it! One of the reason lots of people like dark chicken meat its because its higher fat content it contains more moisture. This chicken breast was so moist due to the brining and being cooked in the egg.

No dry chicken here!

Looks great!

Comment

Lovely!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Next time I will brine it the night before so its gets more like 10 hours in brine and then use pepper, salt, and baking powder in the AM then cook it that evening and see if that makes a difference in the skin.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here