Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Turkey on a Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0203.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	32240 Ok back to the turkey. Step 4: The turkey has been rinse off, injected with unsalted butter, season with some pepper and more unsalted butter brush all over it with some celery, onions and apples stuff in the cavity. Got some more celery, carrots, onions, garlic and chicken broth with the turkey parts in the roasting pan. I will cook the turkey breast side down in the roasting pan for one hour.

Comment

And YES the lid shut with no problem

Comment

It's about Time!!

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
          And YES the lid shut with no problem
          I was wondering!

Comment

Name:	DSC_0204.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	32251 Step 5: After one hour of cooking with the breast side down it is time to flip it over. If it tastes as good as it smells it's going to be amazing.

Comment

• smarkley
              smarkley commented
              Editing a comment
              OH yeah... this is gonna be good!

Name:	DSC_0207.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	32260 After 2 hours I.T. is 125

Comment

Name:	DSC_0210.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	32285 The turkey is done and the gravy is fantastic

Comment

OH yeah! Loooks great DW!

Comment

Good looking Bird DW!

Comment

It was really a great tasting bird that was tender and juicy but next time I need to cut back a little on the smoke. Everybody really like it and some wanted to know if they could take some home with them. The gravy was perfect. I have no complaints.
                    Last edited by DWCowles; November 16, 2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Nice looking spread. I too find poultry gets a little heavy on the smoke with the kettle more than the stickburner.

Comment

• DWCowles
                        DWCowles commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My next turkey will be on the stickburner Huskee

Very nice!

Comment

There was alot more food then what is shown in the pic. That was just part of what my wife and I had prepared not counting what everyone else brought.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here