Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double birdie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double birdie

I decided to try what RonB suggested: 1 full chimney lit, all vents wide open for a 400+ degree smoke. It started around 330 and ended at 365, so never got uo to 400 but the results were still fantastic.
    Attached Files

Very Nice Cook!!!!!

Comment

JPGators17 Those chickens look good enough to eat! Very nice cook--the skin looks really crispy too.

How did those birds eat? Nice and juicy?

Kathryn

Comment

• JPGators17
        JPGators17 commented
        Editing a comment
        They were dripping with juiciness. One was S&G and one was lemon pepper. Very good.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds awesome, JPGators17.

I agree with fzxdoc those look good enough to eat. If you want to get the temp a bit higher, you can add a small split of your favorite hardwood. I'd be tempted to wait until about halfway through the cook though to allow the chix to start to come up to temp before blasting it with heat. I think there is a difference in the way things cook on the rotisserie. Since the rotisserie attachment allows almost no control over airflow, the temps will be higher.

Comment

Looks about perfect!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here