Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally my Christmas bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally my Christmas bird

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0907.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.92 MB ID:	254797 hey all. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. This cook had me racking my brain for quite some time. Do I cook my first spatchcocked turkey on my LSG offset or on my 22.5 copper kettle. I finally decided on the kettle with the SNS and D&G. I'm not sure how these pics will show up in this post but.
    13 1/2lb butter ball fresh turkey.
    Spatchcocked wing tips removed
    dry brined for 28hrs.
    Simon and Garfunkel rub.
    Injected with (sh$t can't find my injector) nothing. Damn
    Now on MCS list for 2017.
    Anyway got the kettle up to 345' put bird on, barely fit at 5:15 est. had turn it after 45min cause temps started to get a little higher than I wanted 360. Than it spiked to 390. Oh boy. Sprayed with some water to kill some of the coals. Thankfully the temps came back 345-350.
    I pulled the turkey at 7:05. IT temps pretty even around 165-168.
    Finished up the sides and plated.
    Actually turned out very good. Moist great flavor. Even my wife enjoyed it. It was her first smoked turkey. She still says she likes traditional method better but she'll come around eventually??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 25, 2016, 09:02 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	254802Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	254801 Sorry having trouble getting pics in the right order.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Man I was gonna be nice. But I still have a sweet LSG. Love ya man. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas.
      If I'm doing something wrong with posting pics please give me some pointers. Remember about the cheesecake recipe thing.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      See there Jerod Broussard I screwed up again. Posted on the wrong thread

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on Android. Cheesecake that. Haha

So I'm guessing 2 pics of a nekkid turkey, 1 pic of a rubbed turkey, 1 pic of a whole done turkey, 1 pic of sliced turkey

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah,Every time I try to post a pic it scrambles my screen and won't let me get back to where I was before so I don't know what I have already put up. And when I preview my post I can't get back out of it. Either I'm a dumb A or My phone is. Probably me but I'll keep trying.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      If Milli Vanilli can blame it on the rain you sir can blame it on the phone.

Nice cook.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I appreciate the positive feedback

Yeah, the picture thing can be trying at times, but you will figure it out.

I took me quite a few times of trying to post my first picture, but eventually I was successful.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice looking bird!

Comment

Not to worry about the order of the pics. The cook and table setting look great. Nicely done!

Comment

Steve B, Great Looking Bird and Meal! Sorry I missed It Chrismas Day! OBTW, Misplacing you Injector may have Been the BBQ Elves looking out for you, ButterBall Turkey's are Pre-Injected! Happy Holidays! 🎄🎁🍹🎁🎄
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Not too shabby!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here