Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    Hi Rick, and welcome aboard! I've moved this thread to the Recipes > Chicken, Turkey and Duck Recipes thread, since when you get your answers and the discussions that follow, it can be searched and found better there.

Would you mind giving us another bio of yourself back in the Introduce Yourself thread where you originated this one? Much appreciated! Also, when you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• RickS
    started a topic Turkey talk

Turkey talk

Hello all,
    I'm Rick and I just joined up and love what I'm learning on this website. I'm going to do a test run on a turkey before Thanksgiving using the Simon and Garfunkel rub (just made a batch drying fresh herbs)..my question is the "danger zone " that I read about, I have an MES 40....I know..I need a REAL smoker maybe I'll win one on here!! anyway that's what I've got.
    It only gets to 275 and once the doors open and the birds in, it will only be about 245 -250 for a good 30 minutes. So do I need to get the bird above 140 in less than 3 hours..that's counting about an hour for prep and counter time.Thanks in advance, I love this website!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here