Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking times

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Quick question on cook timing. I'm doing two birds -- one spatchcocked and one Norman Rockwell on two separate smokers. They are both ~15 pounds; MH's guideline puts Norm at about 2.5+ hours (I'm assuming the guidelines are for Mr. Rockwell's version). How much faster will Spatchy (yes, I have kids...) cook so that I can time them to come out at roughly the same time? And yes, I will be using digital thermometers on both.

Thanks!

I did a spatcocked 14+ pounder today in 2 hours running 330-ish.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      How did the skin come out, Jerod Broussard ?

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty good. I didn't have it in the fridge uncovered as long as I like. I got a piece of the really fatty stuff off the breast near the neck and it was pretty good. The legs next to the heat in that barrel were really "tanned." EdF

If you scroll about halfway down the Ultimate Smoked Turkey article you'll find Meathead's Norm vs Spatchy time chart.

I'd say add an hour to Norm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	turkeytimes.PNG Views:	1 Size:	10.5 KB ID:	243354

Comment

Thanks guys -- very helpful!

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here