Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Guidence on Smoked Turkey breasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    I agree with Pit Boss and others. Dry brine, inject with butter, and run at 325 deg F. The butter is key in my opinion.
    I will do that on my next one in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. I ended up wet-brining two five pound breasts for 12 hours, no injection of anything, using a relatively neutral rub, smoked over cherry at ~350F to 155-160F. Turned out magnificently. Moist, super-tender, astounding flavour, and most importantly, the damn bird was *toothsome* from the brine. Smash hit at Canadian thanksgiving dinner. Cut it off the bone from the butcher, which made for excellent turkey stock and then gravy so good, you could drink it straight. Great time of year! Love it!

Comment

Ok, how much butter to inject per bird ?

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Meathead recommends 4 oz butter, unsalted if the bird has been brined either by you or at the packing plant. He also only injects the breast of the whole bird, so it looks as though 4oz is good for a (whole)turkey breast by itself.

HTH,
          Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; February 16, 2015, 12:17 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here