Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked chicken quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked chicken quarters

Here's a picture of my 1st try at smoking chicken quarters and a splotched whole bird. Had a hard time keeping the temp down around 235. Used my new Smoke Daddy and smoked em for only about 2 hours with Apple chips. Used mustard with Jeff's rub recipe on em. Wet em down quite frequently towards the finish with apple cider. The skin looked burnt but they turned out good to eat and quite tasty.

Here's a picture
    Click image for larger version

Name:	smoked chickens.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	223975

You can see the water/chip pan I removed, down in the lower RH side of the picture.

It certainly looks like you, an' Smoke Daddy got this down, beautiful cook!

Mebbe you can re-purpose the OEM pan as a dog/cat food/water dish, or a small bird feeder, on yer patio...

Comment

Looks pretty good! It's always fun to break in a new smoker. You'll eventually get it dialed in.

Comment

Oh man, that chicken looks delicious. BBQ'd chicken is a gift from above!

Comment

OB One was the skin crisp or soft? If crisp how high did the temp get?

Comment

• OB One
            OB One commented
            Editing a comment
            The skin was sort of crisp, not soggy. The temps kept climbing sometimes as high as 300. then I had to open the big door to get it back down and re-adjust the flame.

Lookin' mighty good to me.

Comment

They look awesome! Well done.

Comment

Nice cook. Very Nice!!

Comment

Thanks you all for the nice comments. Got too many on hand now for just me and the wife. So guess I'l vacuum wrap some and freeze em for later. Cya across the pitt.
                OB One

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

with chicken you want the temps to get to 325-375. that will help with the skin

looks good though

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here