Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer Can Chicken on the GMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer Can Chicken on the GMG!

Did two chickens tonight on the Jim Bowie GMG. Ran it at 350 degrees til the birds were at 165 degrees and the twist of a leg showed they were ready to eat. Included the pic so you can see how moist they came out. One seasoned wit

Here is the pic. Sorry don'the know what happened on the first post. One seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, the other with Sriracha and garlic.

Comment

Have you ever tried a spatchcock, no beer can? How'd that sriracha and garlic turn out? Methinks that would be quite tasty.

Comment

Spatchcock is going to be my next endeavor. I debated that before I cooked these. The garlic and sriracha was great. A little spice at the end of each bite. Had it rubbed down inside the skin so every bite had flavor. Never did a spatchcocked chicken before so if you have any info that will help, feel free. Thanks

Comment

Its an easy thing for sure.

Comment

Anybody?.... Anybody?.... Anybody want to take this one? Alright I'll be the bad guy... lol

Psst... dmdaboyz ... There is this kind of unspoken rule about Beer Can Chicken around here (almost right up there with "if you boil ribs then the terrorist win")... Meathead and Dr. Blonder debunked the whole Beer Can Chicken thing proving it is more of a gimmick and myth and don't really promote it as the way to cook chicken... They may even say something along of the lines of: "Beer belongs in your belly not in the chicken's @$$... So stop wasting good money on good beer and take the d@mn beer out of the chicken's @$$". Check out their article on it.

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...n_chicken.html

JOKING & RIBBING (sorry for the pun) aside though I like the Sriracha chicken idea... Definitely going to have to try that one.

Also if you can check out Chris Lilly's Loaf Pan Chicken... always gets some good reviews. Great quick video... although I'm paranoid and use a digital thermometer to temp my chicken instead of relying on the joint twist.

Last edited by Nate; April 11, 2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Read the spot about beer can chicken before. I think more important is the end result and taste that comes from trying things different ways. If it something you enjoy and others do too, who's to say what is the best way all in all. I try all different ways to cook all of my meats. I think this site alone proves their are many ways to cook and enjoy what you produce. I am not offended by no means and just wanted to try it on the GMG as I had just purchased them and have been trying different cooks. I will be doing a spatchcocked chicken soon, but there was no denying those two birds were delicious!!!!

Comment

I like beer can chicken except I don't used beer. I like to used Dr Pepper, Coke or Sprite.

Comment

Beer can chicken is roast chicken. How can it be bad? Are there better ways to roast a chicken? Ouch, who kicked me under the table...

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. In the end, the food doesn't know how it was cooked; it either tastes good, or it doesn't. Make good food.

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well put Meathead

• choffert
                    choffert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I use a 'beer can chicken' fixture w/o the cans...just a vertically roasting chicken with an open grid frame where the can would go...just right..

I like the flavor from the whatever can of whatever I use. Like I can actually taste the beer or Sprite when I do it that way. So I don't know what that video says, but if it says to not use your grill a certain way to cook and enjoy meat then that video is wrong. Cook and be happy. Looks great by the way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here