Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG A$$ Turkey LEGS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG A$$ Turkey LEGS!!!!

When I was in school at the University of Iowa, they used to sell Turkey legs down by the stadium before the games. Chuck Ford was this guy (pictured below) who would sit on this old stool and belt out "BIG A$$ TUKEY LEGS!!!" before every game. He became a bit of a legend. They would sell those suckers by the ton on football Saturdays. And they were awesome!! So as a throwback, me and a whole gang of my college buddies are getting together to watch the Big Ten championship between the Hawks and the Spartinas. Here's my question....How do I prepare these? I am planning on cooking them in the KBQ hot and fast.

First, I was going to brine them tonight, hold them over in my meat fridge, uncovered, until Saturday. Then season them up and throw them on the KBQ for game time. I would also like to know what everyone's thoughts would be as far as a rub to use. Should I go for BBQ or herbal rub? ( Meathead Simon and Garfunkel rub )

I know I have seen a few posts about turkey legs, but I couldn't find them. So please let me know that you guys/gals think I should do. Thank You!!

ON IOWA!! GO HAWKS!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	125365 Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-3.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	125368 Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-4.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	125369 Click image for larger version

Name:	images-1.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	125370
    Last edited by Spinaker; December 3, 2015, 04:42 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here