Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10lb Turkey Breast - Sns or PBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10lb Turkey Breast - Sns or PBC?

I'm doing a 10 pound turkey breast...should I do this on the PBC or SnS? I'd like the skin to be crispy, but that's secondary to having tasty, juicy meat. The turkey's been dry brining in the fridge, and I plan to inject with butter.

I still haven't calibrated my equipment for 225/325. My bad. I'll correct that before Christmas!

Considering doing a light smoke mix of pecan and apple wood...

Well you'll probably get equally satisfying results on either- that said, my vote is to go with the one that will be more efficient on fuel use for a single 10 breast. The Slow 'N Sear.

Comment

I took your advice and went with the Slow N Sear. Good choice! I may have gone a little overboard with the skin, but I think the meat's going to turn out really nice!

(shhhh...it's resting now...)

Comment

Overboard...meaning you over-crisped it, overseasoned it? Experience is the single best teacher!

Comment

• Livermoron
          Livermoron commented
          Editing a comment
          Over-crisped it a tad...but not enough to knock anyone off the plate. I'll just have to keep practicing.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Livermoron The single best thing about BBQ is practice-eat-repeat

Add a little truffle salt or truffle oil to that butter the next time.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum!

Don't have any really good pictures of the carved turkey, but you can get an idea from this picture of our Turkey Day spread...

Comment

Top right lookin' goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!

Comment

Looking gooood is right! But I do see a MAJOR problem - the wine glasses are empty! LOL

GREAT job!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the second bottle.

Glasses are too clean.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Licked 'em dry.

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL!!

You won, Jerod Broussard ! CLEARLY, the first bottle was a VERY good one!!

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              Sad thing is when I typed that I immediately pictured the dog hanging over the table licking everyone's glass clean. richinlbrg

I was a few bourbons into the night already so my wine opening reflexes were a bit slow and we missed the picture... :-/

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Editing a comment
              As long as your Vestibulo Ocular Reflex was working.....

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here