Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Alabama White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Alabama White

I lost my copy of the Alabama White Sauce. I went in the site, and noticed that there is a new recipe. Does anyone have the original?

This isn’t then original, but the one I use from Southern Living.

White barbecue sauce and marinade
    - 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
    - 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
    - 1 tablespoon of creole mustard
    - 1 teaspoon of sugar
    - 1 teaspoon of salt
    - 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground pepper
    - 5 minced garlic cloves
    - 2 teaspoons of prepared horseradish

Comment

I have a print out of it at home, I'll look for it when I get back.

Comment

Here’s a slightly tweaked version of Meathead’s white sauce:

Ingredients (1 3/4 cups, enough for two large birds):
        3/4 cups mayonnaise
        1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
        1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
        1/4 cup good apple juice, R.W. Knudsen Organic is excellent
        1 TBSP garlic powder
        1 TBSP prepared horseradish, from a jar (either in vinegar or creamy)
        1 1/2 tsp medium ground black pepper (original recipe called for 1 TBSP course ground)
        1 tsp mustard powder (Colman’s)
        1/4 tsp kosher salt
        1/2 tsp cayenne powder
        1 TBSP sugar (not in the original recipe … added here to balance the acidity)

Comment

This isn't the original recipe? This is the one I have a print out of: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-sauce-recipe/

Comment

Originally posted by 58limited View Post
            This isn't the original recipe? This is the one I have a print out of: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-sauce-recipe/
            Thank you, but no. He talks about reading the recipe in the Big Bob Gibson book, and combining the 2. I had the original in my phone, and changed it to the one you linked. My brother likes the original.

Comment

I may be wrong. It looks like I may have had the recipe from the actual Big Bob Gibson book written down. I just assumed it was from amazingribs.com, because I usually only use their recipes.

Thank y’all for your responses.

Comment

This is the recipe from Bob Gibson’s book.

2 CUPS MAYONNAISE
                1 CUP DISTILLED WHITE VINEGAR
                ½ CUP APPLE JUICE
                2 TEASPOONS PREPARED HORSERADISH
                2 TEASPOONS GROUND BLACK PEPPER
                2 TEASPOONS FRESH LEMON JUICE
                1 TEASPOON SALT
                ½ TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER

Comment

BTW, by my count these are yer first & only posts. Ya know what that gits ya…….A big fat HOWDY!
                  Welcome
                  , eat good & have fun, especially with yer white sauce!

Comment

• ryanresha
                    ryanresha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you.

Hard to mess up white sauce. My favorite. Folks have answered your questions, I think. Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here