Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken breast gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken breast gas grill

I am going to be cooking some chicken breast skinless (pounded) doing a dry brine then a lemon rosemary marinade on a gas grill. What is the best method to cook this set up from you’all experience? I will have 10 chicken breast.

indirect 225 till internal temp is 145-150 then direct heat till 160?
    direct heat 325 till 160.

I’ll be trying to add smoke using my steel mesh smoking bag.

thank you!!

If it’s pounded it won’t take more than like 3-4 min to cook. Straight direct heat if you want any type of sear on it. I would pull at 150. Carryover would take it to 155 which is the max where I like my chicken breasts.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

For pounded I'd probably do a straight over direct heat cook. I usually only pound them when I'm cooking in a frying pan for chicken parm...

I generally do non-pounded breasts exactly as you said...indirect until 145, flipping once, then over direct for a minute or two, flipping, to sear each side and get up to 160-165. I usually chunk them into smaller pieces so that the cooking times are consistent (and more surface area to collect the marinade flavors). I've found that the reverse sear lets them stay moist even if I overshoot the temp a bit.

Comment

Direct at 350-400. Flip frequently.

Comment

I like to get the grates really hot and put the chicken down good side against the grates and press firmly. Then I turn the heat down some and sear until I get grill marks and flip. Then I just monitor their temperature flipping now and again. It should go pretty quick.

Comment

What they said... don't forget pictures

Comment

High heat - 450-550.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here