Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chicken Thighs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chicken Thighs

Earlier this week I smoked a rack of ribs and didn't get a chance to get any pictures before the family was into them, so this time cooking I took some pictures of the chicken thighs before I took them off the smoker.

After joining Amazing ribs and reading recipes and techniques I modified my rub, removing the salt portion and boy has that been a positive and also hadn't used brown sugar but I do now. My rub has more heat than others which I read here, used from my time in Texas.

So I trimmed the excess skins, applied my rub and smoked for an hour at 225 and the last 20 minutes applied my sauce. Came off great and delicious.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-15 17.58.41.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	103003

I really enjoy chicken thighs! They seem to be a really underrated piece which is fine with me, then the price stays low!

Comment

I love me some thighs! Good looking stuff right there! Like A-Ron said LOVE the price!
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 16, 2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

can't go wrong with a grilled thigh, one of my favourites.

Comment

Here in snow country you can't stand by the smoker/Weber grill monitoring the thighs, wings and legs, you would freeze your appendages off! So I start with a marinade of rub and olive oil. Refrigerate in plastic ziplock bags turning often (3-4 hrs.) up to overnight. Place the thighs in single layers in grill baskets. Place the basket over the coals dampered down with Apple wood chunks for smoke, for 15 minutes turn for an additional 15 minutes. Remove and place the chicken in a slow cooker over chicken broth at medium to low heat for 1.5-5 hrs. Great Blizzard, or Super Bowl lunch. Modify this to your taste very forgiving. Dan

Comment

Thies look good. Love thies.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here