Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck magret in orange sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck magret in orange sauce

I bought a duck magret and was thinking of making some kind of orange based sauce for it.

Here's the recipe I thought of:

1. Dry brine 24h with orange slices clumped around it

2. Put it on bbq at reverse sear with a aluminium bowl underneath to get any drippings.

3. Make sauce from drippings, orange slices and some kind of stock.

4. Serve it with rice or pasta on the side.

What do you guy's think?

Is there anything special to take under consideration with duck compared to chicken?

Unlike chicken, Duck breast is best served around 135 so reverse sear will work perfectly. Treat it like a steak. I would sear the skin side in a skillet over the hot coals to prevent flaming.
    If you have some orange liqueur laying around it will raise your orange sauce to high level of tastivity.
    Serve over rice.

Comment

Agree on the orange liqueur for the sauce. That's a must. Or a combo fresh orange juice / orange zest / liqueur. Other tasty adds for a duck sauce are mustard and coriander.

Comment

R2-Meat2 I use that combo, fresh orange juice, zest, good orange marmalade and orange Liqueur.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I did it once and it was great, whenever I find time to do it again, I'll post pictures!

Comment

I use this with duck and it's easy and very nice.

Equal parts Grand Marnier and Smuckers Sweet Orange Marmalade. Nuke lightly to warm (melts the jelly). Serve on the side.

Comment

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Try adding some rice vinegar and fresh mint (after cooling), fantastic sauce, even on grilled chicken.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here