Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunch/Breakfast Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brunch/Breakfast Ideas

So I'm hosting a little watch party next Sunday AM for the Giants-Packers London game. Need some ideas for a smoked brunch/breakfast food to add to my menu to serve at gametime (930am). So far I have:

Maple bacon cinnamon rolls
    Bloody mary/mimosa bar

Vortex wings for 2nd half

Need something savory I can serve along side the rolls, and would like to move away from standard bbq offerings (pulled pork, ribs, brisket)

I was thinking maybe short rib pastrami, as I bought the Creekstone sale a couple weeks ago, but I'm not sure I have enough time to brine

How about a breakfast fattie? You can do anything for the fillings. As an example, you could do scrambled egg, cheese, onions, and chorizo. Then you wrap your fillings in sausage, wrap in bacon, and smoke!

examples:

Breakfast Sausage topped with crispy hashbrowns and cheese before being rolled up, wrapped in a bacon weave, and smoked!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. I don’t care who else make this. I’m going too!! 👍

The play on the fattie is pretty cool - even turn it into a traditional english breakfast smoked style.

Comment

Don’t ferget the cheese!

Comment

What about the Pecan Praline bacon posted earlier by Clint?

I've been looking for an excuse to make it.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          No excuse is too weak. I’ve made it twice since he posted it.

Smoked deviled eggs? Smoked cream cheese (and something....there has to be something brunchy to go with smoked cream cheese)?

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          salmon!

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Or, deviled, smoked eggs. That’s a short, sweet cook.

short ribs would brine pretty quickly, I would think. They're thick, but I bet in 3-4 days you could get full penetration, but you've got until Sunday. Brine 'em up tonight, pull 'em out Saturday and desalinate them a little for 6-8 hours, rub, rest over night in the fridge and smoke early Sunday morning? I think you can do it.

Comment

Corned beef hash

Comment

If you wanted pastrami, you could start with a piece of corned beef from the grocery store, and all you would have to do is desalinate it. I’ve done that many times and it is always excellent.

Comment

I love making this. Could use pulled pork or brisket as the meat or a spicy sausage.

Comment

Two words for you...

croque madame

Comment

Smoked salmon is a Fav when we do brunch.....
                A thick spread of cream cheese topped with Chilli Sauce and baby shrimp...sturdy cracker or brioche.....

Comment

I love breakfast!

Comment

A big hash brown omelet might go good as you could cut it into smaller pieces. See the Waltwins Hash Brown Omelet on YT.

Comment

Sausage balls. You could also smoke a ham and make ham biscuits.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here