Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Has Yeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Has Yeast

Several varieties are available.

So many jokes spring to mind. :-)

Comment

Great news for some friends of ours. I will be passing this on to them as they haven’t been able to find any locally where they live.

Comment

I have a couple of spare pounds of dry active yeast if anyone needs it.

wait, I don’t think those are pounds. The ones that look like small milk cartons

Comment

I bought two pounds a few years ago and still got most of it left. Keep in the freezer. Last forever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I ordered and received this one a few days ago. Already used it successfully in a loaf.
          Bellarise (Gold) Instant Dry Yeast - 1 LB Fast Acting Instant Yeast for Bread https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086HXJBPP..._ZHkUEb3X46YTT

Comment

Not to be "That Guy", but making and maintaining a starter (super easy) is the same as having "yeast". Yeast is a part of our environment, we breath it, it's on our skin, it's in our food and water, and, thank you Dear Lord, our favorite beverages. What happened to us? I'm not that old, but my mom and just about every mom I knew had a starter lurking at the back of their refrigerators. We have 2. Plus a jar of commercial yeast when I'm lazy........

Comment

• DiverDriver
              DiverDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              yes but the time I just aint got till I retire. Then lookout! kefir sourdough is first on the list.

You can maintain the commercial yeast the same way as a sourdough starter.. With the yeast shortage here I supplied commercial yeast "starters" to friends who needed them - use 1/8 tsp in a mason jar with flour and water, maintain like a sourdough starter. Look for bread recipes that use a "poolish" or "sponge" - there are even bread machine recipes that use poolish. It is a good way to stretch your yeast supply and the flavor of the bread produced is much better in my opinion.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here