Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Advice for Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! That looks wonderful my friend! The shaping of bread takes time, there are YouTube videos that I have watched that were helpful, King Arthur has some that do a nice job of explaining and demonstrating the technique.

but, the crumb look outstanding! A little butter on that....you are set!

Comment

Same way you get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice.

Comment

I'm still learning and getting a little better each time. That loaf looks good - I like the crust and the interior crumb. Like many before me have said, watch the videos on you tube about shaping. The cuts are tricky. What I've learned so far is not to cut all the way across the loaf and cut at an angle. Use a bread lame and be quick - one quick slash. I have no idea how some people literally decorate a loaf with many pretty little cuts; I'm guessing maybe they are using low hydration dough. I was gifted some sourdough starter from a friend at Christmas, and I've been feeding it and baking most weekends since. I'm happy with about 50% of my loafs at this point. Ii love popping the lid off the dutch oven to see what It'll be, then it comes down to getting the oven correct temp and cooking for the right amount of time.

Again, I think you did very well - ENJOY!

Comment

That bread looks fantastic. I still have yet to tackle this project. With my kamados; I feel like I should at least try........

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        The guys who do this and simultaneously manage fire temps are Jedi.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here