Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got to attempt a 1st bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to attempt a 1st bake

A while back I posted somewhere I did a French Seasoned bread I bought at King Arthur back in the summer. Inspired me to give it a try for baking from scratch.
    ​​​​​​So I did the King Authur Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread this Sunday. Well IMO for the first time I think it turned out well. Taste was the ingredients. A nice semi sweet bread. Was moist and crust was crunchy. Had it today with bacon and eggs. Lightly toasted with butter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200119_161121.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	794108Click image for larger version

Name:	20200119_160806.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	794109Click image for larger version

Name:	20200119_152500.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	794110

​

Man, add some butter and I am in! Great bake!

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming from you, thank you.

Great job. I suggest that next time you score the top of the dough just before putting in the oven. That might produce a higher rise which could result in a slight lighter crumb.

Comment

Love it. Perhaps 2020 is the year of my first bread bake too...???

Comment

I think it looks great. I sometimes struggle with wheat flour. Good job!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Wheat flour is a different animal for sure.

Nice!

Comment

Good looking Bread. You have been bitten by the Bread Bug. The only way to relive the itch is to Bake More Bread! Have Fun.

Comment

Far out! Well done.

Comment

Congratulations on your first bake, the bread loaves look great. I don’t believe in the tooth fairy but I do believe in the Bread Bug as Skip stated above. Next bake will be even better, and there will be another bake, and another bake, in your future.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Like I tell my wife when I am trying something new with bread, pizza, or cooking, or life. You can't do it a second time until you do it the first time. No better lesson then setting down a book, and just doing it.

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                A few years ago when I was in the Early Learning stage of bread baking I called the King Arthur Hotline with a few questions. I was talking with the the KA person and said "I might be reading too much about this". Her answer was "I think that sounds true". As Richard Chrz stated---just do it.

Looks great. Welcome to the club!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here