Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooops. did not engage brain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops. did not engage brain...

I started some bread today, had thought I built enough starter for 8 loaves tomorrow, but, I have enough starter for 16 Loaves.... this will be fun! Plus I have double batch of Pizza Dough started today on a 48 hour bulk ferment. I have put half of my starter in the refrigerator to slow it down, I will have to wait for Cambros to open up tomorrow when I proof these first 8 loaves in the morning, so I can finish the next 8 loaves. Not sure how I got so off in my head. But, my friends better want bread! Oh well, I am a bachelor for 5 days... I have things to do now.

Can't you freeze the extra?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sure I could do something like that, but, figured I will roll with it and see if I have any skills in timing of slowing the ferment down timeline wise, and then send out a message to friends, Come get your bread!

Bakin fool! Yes!

Comment

Have fun Richard. Calculation mishaps happen in Minnesota too. Lol.

Comment

I have never made a mistake. Hahahahahahahahahaha. How many times have I cooked three racks of ribs for a family of 4? The entire neighborhood LOVES Costco. I buy it and they eat it.

Comment

• lemayp
          lemayp commented
          Editing a comment
          I've done 3 racks for my wife, daughter, and I knowing that the kid wouldn't touch them... First time I really nailed it, all 3 were gone by the next morning...

Somewhere along the line my auto brain engage switch got deactivated. Now I need to think first, which more often than not doesn't happen.

Comment

If you start hearing "Feed me Seymour!" from the fridge, you might want to plan your exit routes.

Comment

You load 16 loaves and what do you get?
            Another day older and deeper in debt...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim White View Post
              If you start hearing "Feed me Seymour!" from the fridge, you might want to plan your exit routes.
              Your quote reminded me of a story that Alton Brown tells about when he was a young lad working in a bakery. He made a mistake on a commercial mixer batch of bread dough and had to throw it out. Among other things, he forgot the salt. It was a warm, summer day in Georgia. A while later, he went out and saw that the dough had risen and partially baked next to the walls in the big garbage bin. Nearly filled the bin. Took him hours to clean it out.

The moral of his story? Don't leave out the salt or you may have "the blob that takes over the kitchen" on your hands.

Comment

I'm sure we could put together a mailing list for you if you have too much bread on hand.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here